Gregory L. Newmark | Research Associate Professor
Ph.D. - 2011, UC Berkeley
City and Regional Planning
M.Sc. - 2006, Technion
Urban and Regional Planning
B.A. - 1997, Yale University
History and International Studies
Gregory Newmark has held the following positions: researcher/planner at Cambridge Systematics, Israel Ministry of Environmental Protection, Perlstein Galit Ltd, Regional Transportation Authority and Center for Neighborhood Technology.
Newmark’s research includes land use, transit and travel behavior.
He was a recipient of a Dwight David Eisenhower Transportation Graduate Fellowship and the Udall Undergraduate Scholarship.
Recent Faculty Publications
- Allen, J.G., Levinson, H.S., & Newmark G.L. (2022), Urban Motor Coach Companies of the 1920s and their Legacy for Transit, Journal of Public Transportation, 24,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpubtr.2022.100024
- 2021 Allen, J.G., & Newmark G.L. (2021), Access Protocols for Railroads: Reframing the Infrastructure Separation Debate, Research in Transportation Economics 89, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.retrec.2021.101136.
- Newmark G.L. & Rearick, E.L. (2021), Religious Culture and Rural Car Ownership, Journal of Transport Geography, 93, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtrangeo.2021.103035
- 2020 *Wang, Z., Anthony, J.L., Erickson, L.E., Higgins, M.J, & Newmark G.L. (2020), Nitrogen Dioxide and Ozone Pollution in the Chicago Metropolitan Area, Journal of Environmental Protection, 11(8), 551-569. https://doi.org/10.4236/jep.2020.118033
- *Berg, A. & Newmark, G.L. (2020), Equity in Pedestrian Plans, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. https://doi.org/10.1177/0361198120936256
- Erickson, L.E., Newmark, G.L., Higgins, M.J. & *Wang, Z. (2020), Nitrogen Oxides and Ozone in Urban Air: A Review of More than 50 Years of Progress, Environmental Progress &Sustainable Energy, 39(6), 1-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ep.13484
- Allen, J.G. & Newmark, G.L. (2020), Separating Poor Playmates: Untangling Commuter Rail from Freight, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. https://doi.org/10.1177/0361198119900499
- 2019 Allen, J.G. & Newmark, G.L. (2019), Sustainability Without Subsidy: The Public Case for Vertically-Integrated Rail Oligopolies for Freight, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2673(12), 204-214. https://doi.org/10.1177/F0361198119843861
- *Lamba, D., *Alsadhan, M., Hsu, W., Fitzsimmons, E., & Newmark, G.L. (2019) Coping with Class Imbalance in Classification of Traffic Crash Severity Based on Sensor and Road Data: A Feature Selection and Data Augmentation Approach. Computer Science & Information Technology 2019, 125-137. https://doi.org/10.5121/csit.2019.90611