The mission of the council is to provide a continuing liaison between the academic community and practicing profession, and to assist the civil engineering department, Carl R. Ice College of Engineering and Kansas State University in providing the highest quality of civil engineering education.
Functions of the council are to review programs and goals, and advise the department head and dean of the college.
Goals and objectives of the civil engineering advisory council include the following:
- Coordinating with the department to stay informed about its needs;
- Consulting and assisting the department head and faculty on departmental curricula, including instructional and organizational matters;
- Presenting information on needs and services of the department to interested parties;
- Assisting in the collection of case studies and problem materials for educational purposes;
- Assisting in the process of faculty recruitment and faculty industry interaction;
- Assisting the department in developing research and technology transfer;
- Assisting with ABET accreditation; and
- Providing support to students and faculty through engagement in department and classroom activities.
Cathy S. Ritter